Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'll Be Your Portia, You Be My Ellen

After over a year of being a lazy bugger- I've decided it's time to revisit the skinabee world. A lot has happened lately - a new apartment (or 2), a new boyfriend/roommate, darker locks, and a new job! With all of these changes, I've seen a lot of monumental skinabee moments that are sure to make your stomach turn, flip, convulse and yip like a banshee on New Years Eve.

We're not over yet!
With a renewed blog comes a renewed goal... and I've set a hefty one for myself. Over the past year: I've lost 40 pounds (nope, that's not really the end of my sentence). To continue on that thought: Over the past year I've lost 40 pounds, but alas - 30 of those pounds missed me so much, they came back to wish me a "Happy Thanksgiving". I'm here today to proclaim that they will not be around to wish me a "Merry Christmas" let alone a "Feliz Navidad". I'm inviting you on my journey to Xmas - with the promise of reliability in posts and guilty self-deprecating humour (everyone's favourite). Hear about my Toronto dining experiences, my exercise woes, the struggle to keep cocktails skinabee friendly, and general banter that tends to escape my fingertips like drool from an ugly newborns mouth.

I'm driven to fit into H&M's ridiculously sized jeans: which I bought this time last year. Also pushing me is the fear that posting and not living up to bravado will make me look like a tool, and a big talker (the former already being popular assumption throughout the ranks of family and friends).

Tuna-Pita-Ricecakealicious. Fake it till you make it.
I leave you with a picture of my daily lunch staple items, and a hope that you'll forgive me for picking up and leaving like Anne Heche did with Ellen DeGeneres. I promise to be your Portia de Rossi from now on.

Till tomorrow, skinabees!

C






No comments:

Post a Comment